Friday, June 10, 2016

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Necessity is the mother of invention.  That's what inspired this. 
I have a small bathroom that really needed a nice makeover.
And a nice towel rack. 
We have been shoving all our towels on an over-the-door kind of towel rack.  It worked, but it wasn't attractive and it took a while for all our towels to dry.  So we needed something new and an idea was born...

So from a pile of wood in our backyard I grabbed what I needed and went to work.


I cut my pieces to a size that worked.

Sanded - a lot!

Painted them white.

Sanded again to distress.

Added hardware and letters.

Hung on bathroom wall!
One top piece for the letters (Devon, Noah, and Gabe's spots for towels!) and a hook for their soap sacks.

The bottom piece for their towels.

I think it turned out pretty well, it's personalized and unique, and anyone can make it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment