Monday, April 25, 2016

I cannot turn back time.  I cannot slow time down. 
But I can try to make a space where we can block out some of the fast paced world, where we can relax and try for some peace.  Try to slow down. 
I have become obsessed with making my home a bright, pretty place filled with things from an older time.  Or things that have that old vintage farmhouse look.  Things like the crochet blankets and new pillow I've made.  Things like the quilt I am working on.  I can't return the world to older values.  But I can try to make my home reflect what I value.
I blame this on my friend Debbie J. (Love you Debbie!) for introducing the show "Fixer Upper" to me.  I just LOVE the look and vision that Joanna has for her farmhouse and some of the houses they remodel.  And though I am not able to remodel my home and do the things that Joanna and Chip can do on this show (I am in AWE of their talent!) I can do a little here and there to redecorate my humble home. 
Obsessed.  I have such a vision and such ideas for my home in my head.  I want white.  Lots of white.
So I am starting with small things since I am learning as I go (thank you YouTube!) and then hoping to work up to bigger projects later. 
A cute little start - distressed this old napkin holder to make it so much nicer!

I will show you the bigger project I am working on when I am finished.  I am super excited about it - Distressed shelves made from pallets.  So far so good!  And I will show you how you can do it, too! 

1 comment: