Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Looking with a new eye...

Another addiction - making old new, and then old again!  LOL!

I have always loved walking into antique shops, indoor flea markets, and thrift stores and finding diamonds in the rough.  Now I look with a new eye - what can I make new, and then make it look old again?  I am really into the Shabby Chic/ Farmhouse Chic look, and I am grabbing up inexpensive furniture and décor items and refinishing and distressing them, and I am loving it!  I am just having trouble parting with the things I am redoing and wish I could keep them all for my own home...  Like my newest one...  An adorable chalkboard shelf with a painted apples tile...



This one had old beat up orangy colored wood before I refinished it.  Now I have told my husband that if it doesn't sell by the middle of June it will go in my kitchen!  How cute would it be to write a to do list, or events going on that week, or your current favorite Scripture verse, or a little note to your kids?  I've even included a little painted jar to hold chalk! 

Making old new, then distressing to look old again.  My newest obsession.  Trying new hobbies has really been a blast for me - you never know what you can do, and will LOVE, until you try it!







No comments:

Post a Comment